Tuesday 21 March 2017

Bokeh Bunny

Hi and welcome!  I made the card I'm showing today on the weekend, using the latest sketch from MFT and the colors from Just Us Girls.


I created the bokeh background using distress inks in pinks and purples and then went over the top with the SSS Bokeh Lights stencil and white pigment ink, before setting it aside.  The overlay was cut from vellum using a stitched cloud die.  I stamped and colored the bunny with Copic markers and adhered him to the vellum with foam tape.  The sentiment and little banners were adhered with liquid glue.  I dotted some more liquid glue behind those elements to adhere my vellum to the bokeh panel.  After mounting it onto a white top-folding card base, I finished with some clear sequins.



Thanks for visiting!  I also created a video of this card which you can watch below or over on YouTube.









Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Keti's Projects said...

Soo cute. I love this bunny stamps. And your background it's just perfect. Love it! Hugs, Keti

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This is totally adorable! Once again, you did a fantastic coloring job Karren! Those colors are so soft and so nicely blended. I love that cute bunny too.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just gorgeous! I LOVE you backgrounds and I think I need this card for myself ATM - that sentiment is perfect for me!

Mac Mable said...

So adorable. Love the amazing background and the lovely colours you have used. Such a beautiful card x

Darnell said...

What a super get well card, Karren! I love all the cool details down to that sweet little corner banner!! Hugs, Darnell

Estelle TBT said...

Such an adorable card! Your background is stunning!
Love this cute bunny.

Lisa Kind said...

Very cute card! I love that image and the way you created your background! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is such a sweet card, Karren! You did an amazing job on the Bokeh technique...it's not easy to get it to look so good, and you nailed it! I love the charming image and lovely sentiment, too!
Looks like I missed your video...off I go :)

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute card, and your background is gorgeous! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial too. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!