Monday 5 December 2016

Bucket of Tulips

Hi and welcome to the third challenge at The Flower Challenge.  This month we are challenging you to use an older stamp to create your floral card.


For me, my older stamps are from the early 2000's when I first discovered stamping.  I don't get rid of my stamps so I went to my floral wood-mounted stamps and came up with an old and beautiful PSX stamp.


I stamped the image onto a panel of X-Press It cardstock and colored it with my Copics.  I then trimmed the sides so I could have strips of lime cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped and cut out as it is actually a speech bubble so I cut the speech part off.


Thanks for dropping by!  The rest of the design team have some floral beauties using their older stamps so please check them out.  And have a go yourself - the challenge is open until the 20th this month to allow the DT a break over Christmas.

Products used:

Stamps:  K1695 Tulips (PSX), So to Speak (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Black Soot Archival
Cardstock:  White, X-Press it: Limelight (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Ruth said...

What a beautiful and simple image - it just lets the flowers speak for themselves. Beautifully coloured with Copics too. Ruth xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Karren: This Tulips look so fresh, like you just went out into the garden and cut them.
This image is absolutely gorgeous, love the fabulous pail where the flowers rest.
Awesome coloring, beautiful and simple design.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Patti Willey said...

Oooh! You used a PSX stamp! Love! I'm a new collector. Well I have one, but I love it! Want all the botanicals and I see this on ebay and you know I think I need it! Gorgeous!

Viv said...

Such a fabulous card here Karren! I love that sunny looking bunch of tulips, so beautifully coloured also. The lime green edge is a perfect finishing touch too ;) hugs Viv xx

Ellie Knol said...

That is so beautiful, the colouring, the stamp ... just gorgeous! Wish I had that stamp! ... Such a pity PSX is not around anymore..

Jen Mitchell said...

How beautiful this is! A beautiful image for your spring (and wishful thinking for me as winter looms)!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, karren!!

I Card Everyone said...

It is my favorite flower, Karren! You've colored this fabulous stamp so beautifully, too! That is a fun challenge - since I'm still pretty new to this art!
=]

Darnell said...

Oh, my, Karren, your coloring is so incredible! This looks like a print! I have that stamp, but Lord knows I'll never make it look like this!! Hugs, Darnell

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Karren! I stay speechless in front of your stunning coloring job! I don't dare imagining how many hours it has required.

Karen Davis said...

Just beautiful! Once again your shadowing is extraordinary. Your work is amazing Karren 😃

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow! Look at your stunning colouring - it's perfect!

Karen Dunbrook said...

just stunning mf...love, love your colouring skills...amazing!
hugs,
Karen

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so gorgeous Karren!! Your coloring is absolutely breathtaking!! xx

Linda Callahan said...

Yellow tulips are my fave.....this is fabulous......how long does it take you to color something like this?

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful choice for your floral stamp, Karren! I love, love, love your yellow tulips, and as always, your Copic coloring is perfect! You did an amazing job on the blooms and I really love how you added texture to the metal bucket...so realistic! Great idea to add the lime green strips along each side, too...they really make your card pop!

Nan G said...

Your coloring is divine!

Aileen said...

I didnt realise I didnt come and tell you just how stunning this card is. I love it. Absolutely beautiful.