Saturday 6 August 2016

Watercolored Thank You

Hi and welcome!  Today's card was made using the colors from Color Throwdown, the Masking theme at Happy Little Stampers, the watercolor theme at CASology and the photo inspiration at Addicted to Stamps & More.  As you will see I went rather literal with my inspiration :)


There's not a lot of white space on my card, so I don't really think it fits very well at CASology, but we shall see.  For my card, I used the Freezer Paper Masking Technique as shown by Kristina Werner and ironed the "thank you" onto some watercolor paper before loosely watercoloring with some Broken China and Mermaid Lagoon ink, deliberately leaving the edges a bit jagged.

Once I was happy with the watercoloring, I removed the freezer paper and die-cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.  I then die-cut a scalloped edge die using Desert Storm and adhered that to a white card base.  The watercolored panel is popped up on foam tape.  Lastly, I dropped some shaker sequins onto the card front and pretty much adhered them where they fell :)


Thanks for visiting.





Products used:

Ink:  Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon
Cardstock:  White, watercolor, Desert Storm
Dies:  Blueprints 20, 29 (MFT), Hand Lettered Thanks (WP9)
Accessories:  Atmosphere Sequins (Lucy's Things)

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job combining challenges, Karren! I love your bold blue watercolored background, and that you chose the freezer paper masking technique for your die cut sentiment! Such a striking design, especially with all those gorgeous sequins!

Rosemary said...

super fun card, karren!! the watercolor background is beautiful!!

Ardyth said...

Love those 'jagged', hard edges! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Ruth said...

That's so pretty! I need to look into this technique as that stencil worked beautifully with the watercolouring, I love that it's so simple too. It needs nothing else. Xx

Sherrie M. said...

Love how your sentiment stands out on your watercolored background! And your sequins and embellies are a nice touch. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week Karren!

Julie B said...

I've not come across this technique before but I will be certainly having a go now! Love how you framed the panel with the brown.
So pleased you linked up at ATSM. :)

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE the jumbo sentiment and your WC background! Thank you for playing along with this week's Color Throwdown!

Lori said...

Love the watercolored background! I'll have to check out the technique you used. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

cm said...

What a lovely translation of the inspiration photo; your background and sentiment are a marvelous combination! Thank you for bringing your artistry to the ATSM gallery!
~carol

Lisa Lara said...

What a watercolor beauty Karren.

Toni said...

gorgeous! The masked sentiment pops! Glad you joined us at HLS CAS!

Linda said...

This looks fab ..... love the masked sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx