Wednesday 13 July 2016

Sunny Smiles


Hi and welcome to another fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is the super-talented Jen Mitchell and she has a square card sketch for us!  I love square cards, and definitely don't make them enough, so this was a fun challenge.


I played with some new toys for my card.  I seem to be always playing with new toys, don't I?  I think I have a problem :)


I did some ink blending on a panel of watercolor paper and die-cut it with Stitched Basic Edges die.  That panel was popped up on foam tape onto a 5" square white card base.  I stamped, Copic-colored and die-cut the girl before popping her up on foam tape as well.  The sentiment comes from Polynesian Paradise and I thought it suited the image nicely.  Lastly I added some clear droplets.



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's fabulous creations.  They're sure to inspire!



Products used:

Stamps:  Fun in the Sun, Polynesian Paradise (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade Distress
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Watercolor
Dies:  Fun in the Sun, Stitched Basic Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, PPP droplets, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! I think this stamp is perfect! Your backdrop is fabulous! XXX

I Card Everyone said...

We all have NO problem watching what comes from you playing with your new toys, Karren! This little girl is right where I want to be: on the beach - darling card!!!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable card! Your ink work is always amazing......and I am so,glad you like to play with new toys!

Unknown said...

I love your ink blending and coloring...so very pretty! And, ummm, are we supposed to use products more than once? Oopsies...:) I love all the white space, it really makes everything else pop.

Amy O said...

Adorable! I really wish I lived near you so I could beg you for ink blending and coloring lessons. You are such a pro at both!

Cécile RIBON said...

A delightful ad cheerful card ! This sweet little girls brings me so many smiles! I'm so impressed by your coloring art !

Being Mrs Miles said...

Oh Karren,

Your little girl is ADORABLE and you colored her beautifully. Love the background coloring too - you're a pro!

Kim S said...

PERFECT!! How wonderful that the sketch fits her so perfectly! LOVE the shape of your top panel - beautifully sponged and the little water drops are the perfect touch!

Rosemary said...

super fun take on the sketch, karren!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a sweet card, Karren! I love how you blended your inks for the Edges die cut and how perfectly your little girl on her raft works with the sketch! Beautiful Copic coloring too, as always!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so cute, Karren!!!!! Love the water drops!!! ...and it would have been nice if we had swim weather here - it's cold!!!!
Hugz

Jen Mitchell said...

Once again you've dazzled me with your shading and coloring! I love the image of that little girl sunning herself - so cute!

Jen Brum said...

What a fabulous card! I love that "sand"! Amazing colour! That little girl is just so sweet - great colouring as always!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Yes you DO always seem to have new toys - your craft room must be the size of my husband's six car garage! I adore this little chick and as always you have coloured your image perfectly!

Celeste Goff said...

Such an adorably sweet card and I love your take on the sketch!

Celeste Goff said...

Such an adorably sweet card and I love your take on the sketch!

Jen Timko said...

Darn you and that amazing ink blending.....I want to do that!!!! ;-) I see nothing at all wrong with new things. All the better to share what I need next, lol. Adorable take on the sketch!