Sunday 8 November 2015

Thanks a Bunch

Hi!  I'm thrilled to be Surprise Sweetie over at Cupcake Inspirations Blog today!  The theme this week is Tags.  Check out this gorgeous cupcake:


I tried to stick to a similar color scheme with pinks, kraft and white and this is the card I came up with.



I took a sheet of watercolor paper and placed it onto my craft mat where I'd smooshed Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick inks and spritzed with water.  I then die-cut a tag and a banner from the panel and layered them onto some black cardstock.  The flowers come from Bloom & Grow by Verve and were stamped with Rosie Cheeks and Hollyhock inks.  The leaves, from Turning a New Leaf, were stamped with Green Leaf ink.  These were arranged onto a white panel I'd run through my Big Shot with PTI's Canvas cover plate.

All of this was adhered to a kraft card base.  Some pearls were colored with a black Sharpie for the centers of the flowers and a twine bow finished the card.



Thanks for visiting and thanks to the team at Cupcake Inspirations for inviting me to join them this week.  I hope you'll make a tag card and link up.




Products used:

Stamps:  Bloom & Grow (Verve), Turning a New Leaf (PTI)
Ink:  Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick Distress Inks, Green Leaf, Rosie Cheeks (SSS), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, watercolor, black, Desert Storm
Dies:  Floral Circles (Verve), Blueprints 24 (MFT), Stitched Fishtail Flags (MFT), Stitched Tag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Twine, Pearls

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this card! The banner and tag are fabulous and look striking with the black matting!

Jen Mitchell said...

You are a whiz with those watercolors! This is so beautiful!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Karren, your card is so stunning!! Love the background you've created for your card and tag along with the pretty floral accents!! :) Wonderful take on the challenge and thanks for joining us as a surprise sweetie this week! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

cotnob said...

A beautiful card, such a fabulous design.
Pauline
x

Hannelie said...

Delicious pinks! So beautiful!

Sandy said...

Beautiful card!
-Sandy, DT Sweetie

cm said...

Karren, I'm running late in commenting (busy days!), but I'm here, cheering and applauding your gorgeous card/tag. Stunning background, beautiful flowers and the black accents...oh my! Thank you so much for being the Surprise Sweetie over at Cupcake Inspirations!
~c

Indy's Designs said...

So love your watercolored background/tag! Wonderfully done!
Debbie

Naki said...

Your watercolor is gorgeous! I love your work on FMS, it was such a pleasure having you as our surprise sweetie this week!
CIC DT Naki