Sunday 18 October 2015

Merry Moose-mas

Hi and welcome!  Today I'm playing along in the challenge at Merry Monday to use a moose, as well as the Muse Card Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wonderful Watercolor challenge.


I actually bought this moose die back when I was on the Merry Monday DT, with the intention of using it for the challenge as I had nothing at all with a moose on it.  Well, in the meantime, I dropped from the DT and I nearly let this week slip by without making a moose card!

I was inspired by Michele's card in relation to the layout and the pattern on the top 2/3 of the card.  I didn't use patterned paper, but did make a watercolored panel to resemble a snowy night sky.  I also used gold for the sentiment.


I did color the moose with a brown Copic and then use a towel and some colorless blender fluid to give a "furry" finish but it's barely visible against the brown cardstock.

Thanks for visiting.



Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Products used:

Stamps:  Hand Lettered Holiday (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Saphire Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Chocolate Chip (SU), Green Apple, Sunshine, Lipstick Red, Burnt Orange (SSS), watercolor paper
Accessories:  Stitched Slopes & Hills Die (SSS), Merry Moose-mas die (Cottage Cutz), Gold EP, White Gel Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Merry Monday.

22 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful card! i love Christmas mood!!! Your background is perfect for this work and your reindeer is so fun! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon SAys STamp Monday challenge blog! Barbarayaya

Fabiola said...

Adorable Karen, j'aime ce mignon renne et les couleurs de ton ciel sont sublimes, biz

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So nice to see this beautiful card in our gallery this week! The moose die shape is perfect and I love all of his accessories! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Hi, Popping over from Merry Monday to see your beautiful card. I love the backdrop. Hugs Andrea

Emma Williams said...

I love this card...it's so much fun and the colours are fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :-)

KimCreate said...

Super duper inked sky with the cute moose!

Julia Aston said...

what a great moose and your winter sky is gorgeous!

SonjaK said...

Such a fun card! Love the moose and this adorable background. Gorgeous colors1

Susan Powell said...

Love that moose die!! And the background you made is beautiful!

sandie said...

Love the mouse and the blended background, a very unique and fun take on Michele's card x

Bonnie said...

This is just the cutest moose die, Karren! I can see the pattern on him and I love his cap and lights! Gorgeous background too! So good to still be seeing you at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

What an adorable card Karren, I love your super cute moose. So glad you joined us for MM this week.

Loli said...

Hola Karren, thank you for your comment.
Gorgeous card, your background is beautiful! great colouring, i love your moose, so funny! Fantastic card!
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

Ardyth said...

Wow, that sky! Beautiful! And I love the details in the die cut with the lights! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Lindsey said...

Your background is beautiful! Love the moose, too — great card!

I Card Everyone said...

Phooey to the DP! Your sky is gorgeous... and that Moose? So happy to meet him in the gallery this week!
=] Michele

Joan B said...

that background is amazing. those lights are cracking me up!

Hannelie said...

A cheerful moose and a fantastic BG... makes for a great design!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is fabulous! I don't even own anything moosey - you always have an image/stamp for every challenge!

Cindy Lovell said...

Karren,your background is AMAZING!!! I love...love those colors!! Glad you got the chance to use this adorable moose!! I still need a moose in my collection! Fits pretty well to my family in Alaska! :)

Deni(se) said...

Love your blending in the background! The moose is so cute too.

Jen Mitchell said...

I wondered if I'd see a moose show up in your repertoire! And you did not disappoint! Your sponged background is like a northern lights display! What a wonderful card!