Thursday 30 July 2015

Hello Baby

Hi and welcome to another fabulous sketch, courtesy of Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is the delightful and talented Jen Brum.  And look, there are no circles on her sketch :)


I love this sketch and my card came together reasonably quickly, unlike most of the cards I've made recently which take forever!


I had a pre-colored elephant so that was the starting point for my card.  I decided to go with neutral tones and make a baby card.  The card base is white and then there is a layer of Smoke, die-cut with two dies from Blueprints 21.  The Slate banner was white-embossed with a sentiment from Winnie & Walter.  

Some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and my card was done.


Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the wonderful cards from the rest of the design team.  And before I go, we're coming up to our 200th sketch and we are having a huge celebration.  There will be some amazing prizes so I hope you can make some time to play along!


Products used:

Stamps:  Unforgettable (WP9), The Big, the Bold and the Happy (W&W)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Smoke, Slate, X-Press It
Accessories:  Unforgettable dies, MFT Fishtail Flag Stax, MFT Blueprints 21, White EP

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

laurie said...

What a cute image! Adorable card!

laurie said...

What a cute image! Adorable card!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE this monochromatic design Karren and such an adorable little elephant! Great layout! I really must try and get over this week . . . I have been so busy since coming home that I have neglected one of my most favourite and regular challenges! Thanks for the inspiration! Hazel xx

Lisa Petrella said...

This is totally adorable!!! LOVE it!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweetest elephant ever! This is one adorable baby card.....love the gray with the hint of pink!

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a great card Karren. Love these shades of gray! And that elephant? Totally adorable!

Lyn said...

I love your card the neutrals are lovely <3 and of course add the worlds cutest elephant and you have aced it <3

Christine Blain said...

Eek - this is ADORABLE, Karren!! Great neutrals for a baby card. You totally rocked this sketch (and I see I need some new circle dies).

Susanne Vargas said...

What a sweet card! Love the neutral color theme! Love it!

Jen Brum said...

Such a sweet card! I absolutely love that elephant! Adorable! The card is just perfect to welcome a baby!

Kim S said...

This is just as cute as it gets. I love all of the gray with just the tiny bit of pink and I love the circle surrounding him. A cute, yet also elegant, baby card!

Joan Ervin said...

What a great take on the sketch...the elephant is adorable and I love the white embossing on the gray!!!

Cindy Lovell said...

Such a cute card,Karren!! The elephant is so cute and i love the dotted circle around it!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, such a sweet card! And great take on the sketch!

Lucille K said...

Such a cute card, I just love this little elle, I used him on my card too :)

Lucille K said...

Such a cute card, I just love this little elle, I used him on my card too :)

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a great card, Karren! I love that sweet little elephant, and I love how you were so clever to use the grays with it.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a fabulous baby card! I adore that cute little image and love these colours for a baby card - they work so well!