Saturday 13 June 2015

Hashtag Birthday

Hi and welcome!  I made a card this morning using the colors from this week's Color Throwdown challenge as well as the last sketch from Deconstructed Sketch.  I love Jen's sketches and find them beautifully balanced and interesting.  My CAS style sometimes struggles with them, but I try and play along occasionally.  I'm also adding this card to a new-to-me challenge blog, City Crafter Challenge Blog, who are looking for tags (Thanks, Samra for the heads up!)



I'm still practicing with my Zig Clean Color Brush Pens and last night I watched a video fom Michelle Short which I found really helpful with my coloring.  So I immediately went into my craft room and started coloring.  This time I used a paintbrush rather than a water pen and it went so much better.

Once I'd finished coloring, I left it overnight.  This morning when I came back to it, I knew I wanted to use it with this sketch.  Coincidentally the colors of hot pink and lime green were part of the line-up at Color Throwdown, so I immediately had the color scheme for my card!

The card base is Neenah Desert Storm and the gray panel was die cut with the cross stitch pattern from Blueprints 20.  The Green Apple panel was stamped with a very old Hero Arts script stamp.  The sentiment comes from a NBUS set called #Hashtags by Tim Holtz.  Both the sentiment and the tag are popped up on foam tape.




Thanks for visiting.



Deconstructed Sketch 204


Products used:

Stamps:  Fresh Flowers (Clearly Besotted), #Hashtags (Stampers Anonymous), Italian Poetry Background (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Versamark, Green Apple (SSS)
Cardstock:  Desert Storm, Slate (SSS), Green Apple (SSS), Watercolor 
Accessories:  Blueprints 20 (MFT), Tag Builder Blueprints 1 (MFT), Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, Twine

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got the random pick at Color Throwdown.

13 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your card!! Coloring is outstanding and you totally rocked the colors and the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Samra said...

Gorgeous card Karren!!! Love the colors and such a fantastic coloring job! You should enter your card into City Crafter Challenge Blog as well, our theme this week is tag related...
Hugs:) Samra

Hannelie said...

So beautiful Karren. Fabulous colouring!

Jo Herbert said...

The colouring on this card is just beautiful. I love everything about this card. TFS. Jo

Linda Callahan said...

Such a beautiful flower image!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Dana M said...

Gorgeous card Karren! Your flowers are amazing.

Ros Crawford said...

So lovely!! Beautiful tag ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just lovely! Your colouring is perfect as always!

Joan Ervin said...

Love your take on both the colors and the sketch...this is sooo pretty!!!! Your coloring is gorgeous, too!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Bonnie said...

Love these pink flowers! A beautiful card!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, CONGRATS on your win at Color Throwdown! So very well deserved - your card is GORGEOUS!!

Nancy said...

Saw your card as I was blog surfing and had to come on over and tell you how fabulous it is! You are far to talented!! :)