Saturday 16 May 2015

Belated Mother's Day

I am late getting my Mother's Day card made for my mum.  I tried last weekend, but it just wasn't working so I walked away.  I'm seeing my parents tomorrow, so I had to make it today.  No pressure!

After a couple of hours with no success, I decided to use a Close to My Heart set as my mum is a consultant for them.  This is what I came up with.


I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and the inspiration pic from Fusion Card Challenge.

I used the Mother's Day set from CTMH and stamped and cut the 50's housewife with the cake.  BTW, this is definitely not my mother - she doesn't do the cooking in their house - she's too busy volunteering her time and being on numerous committees.  Anyway, back to the card.  The center panel was stamped with the Tiny Alphabet Background stamp in Fog ink on Fog cardstock.  I then stamped the sentiment.  That panel was layered onto some Chiffon cardstock.  

I thought the Fog card base looked a bit plain so I dug through my Blueprints dies and came up with this row of circle cut-outs, so used that on the top and bottom of the center panel.  



Thanks for visiting.



Products used:  

Stamps:  Mother's Day (CTMH), Tiny Alphabet Background (SSS)
Ink:  Archival Black (Ranger), Fog (SSS)
Cardstock:  Fog, Chiffon, White
Accessories:  Blueprints 21

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Fabulous card,Karren!! I LOVE all the circle cut-outs and the 50's housewife!! She'll love this card!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love that retro image! And your mum will probably get a big kick out of this since she's the opposite of the June Cleaver mom. (Google Leave it to Beaver to find out who June Cleaver is. Suffice it to say she basically cooked and cleaned wearing a getup like that)! Great card using these colors. I want to play along with that challenge too before it ends!

SmilynStef said...

The circle die cuts are such a great finishing element ... I love the alphabet background too ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so lovely! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Marika said...

Fabulous way to combine these two challenges! Love the little tiny stripes of yellow. It really pops up.

Jeanne J. said...

You gave that fun vintage image such a fun look! Love the dots and bold yellow lines! This would be fab for my own mom! Thanks for sharing!