Saturday 20 December 2014

Critter Christmas

Hi and welcome!  Today's card came about as a result of me wanting to do some coloring and also having some NBUS.  I got an order from SSS the other day and included was the adorable Furry Christmas set as well as the stitched tags from MFT.  I used the colors from Colour Me and the sketch from Friday Mashup to come up with this:



I am also entering this into Simon Says Stamp's Winter Inspiration challenge.  I took my inspiration from the dog and the antlers in the below pics.

I colored up my critters using Copics, making sure to use red and artichoke as the non-neutral colors to meet the color challenge.  The hat, scarf and antlers were painted with Wink of Stella.  I then cut them out and mounted them onto a stitched tag using foam tape.  The sentiment got the same treatment.  I used the Falling Snow stencil and embossing paste on the card base to mimic the grunge in the sketch.



Thanks for visiting.



icy-moodboard-sss

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
Products used:

Stamps:  Furry Christmas (SSS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Baked Brown Sugar, X-press It, black
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella, red twine, Falling Stars stencil (SSS), Embossing Paste

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was top pick at Friday Mashup and got a shout out at Colour Me.

16 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

So cuuuuuuuute! That's one furry family I'd like to take home! I like how you made the tag from the same kraft color instead of changing it to white. It creates a nice effect.

Susan Joyce said...

Adorable, love this image and your card.

Virginia L. said...

Love the fabulous copic coloring! You did such an awesome job! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Winter Inspiration” Challenge!

Lee-Anne said...

Love this adorable trio...so, so cute, Karren! Sweet card!

Linda Callahan said...

Cutest card ever! I adore it!

Cindy H. said...

Totally adorable! Love your beautiful coloring.

SonjaK said...

What a great card! I love the images and how you colored them, but most of all I love the embossing paste snowflakes on kraft. I've tried to make two Christmassy cards with kraft this year and they both failed because they look way too summery. But your take on it is AWESOME!

Laurie Unger said...

Fun! I've been looking at that set and now I think it's sold! Great coloring!

Hannelie said...

Always LOVE your coloring Karren! Such a cute card!

Heidi Baks said...

So adorable! I love the embossing paste and stencil background!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Jo Nevill said...

Love this SSS image and you have done a great job !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and Happy Christmas !

Jo x

Greta said...

I just love this card, Karren! Totally adorable!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So cute! exquisite colouring Kareen and I love the textured snowflake background. Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! This week.

Georgiana said...

Your furry pets are just too cute! Great card! Happy New Years!

Rita W said...

This is too adorable. I kept wanting to get that stamp and never did. I love what you did with it!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Oh, this is just too, too cute!! Those little critters are darling, and your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week.