Tuesday 4 November 2014

Rustic Skis

Hi and welcome to the Merry Monday challenge!  This week, Nina is challenging us to create a rustic card using tan, cream and brown.


My card isn't terribly rustic, I'm afraid but it's about as close as this CAS card-maker comes :)


I used Papertrey Ink's Two Feet Deep set and created a snowy scene using dies and a stencil and embossing paste.

My card base is Crumb Cake and I used Naturals White cardstock which is a creamy color with flecks in it (my nod towards rustic!).  The skis were stamped in Khaki and Dark Chocolate ink and the sentiment was stamped in Dark Chocolate.

Thanks for visiting.  Take the time to check out the rest of the design team - you'll be glad you did!

Products used:

Stamps:  Two Feet Deep (PTI)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Khaki (SSS)
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Naturals White
Accessories:  Two Feet Deep dies, Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant), Lil Inkers Stitched Mats

Cheers
Karren


13 comments:

KimCreate said...

Super cute card with the challenge colors! I'm loving the snow. I bought this SSS stencil and haven't used it yet!

Linda Callahan said...

Loveitloveitloveit! My husband coached skiing for 30 years.....why don't I have this set?

Brian King said...

Karren, I love the beautiful simplicity of this card. So beautiful!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Karren, vintage looking wooden skis say rustic to me and I love your CAS design.

Bonnie said...

Love your skis, Karren! I think I need to go shopping at PTI again! Thanks for the tip about JUGS.

Wendy said...

Love this, Karren! Your card is beautiful in these colors and I love those ski's! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ah this is so cool - love those skis!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful!!! Love all the snow falling!!

Deanne :)

Nance Leedy said...

Karren, this is gorgeous! I think the skis and snow and kraft are fabulously rustic. Love the look of white ink on kraft and the whole layout is fantastic! So glad to be working with you this month!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this, Karren! Love those skis and the falling snow on kraft! Have a great week.

Greta said...

Wonderfully designed--love this, Karren!

Katie Melhus said...

This is just fabulous, Karen!

Kim S said...

A perfect snowy scene (from a family of cross-country skiers!)