Thursday 17 April 2014

Move Forward

Hi, it's time for another challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week, the lovely Jen Brum has given us a fun and unique sketch.



I was looking for die cuts to use for the shaped panel and somehow ended up with no die cuts and a masculine card!



Because of the size of my images, I had to place the sentiment slightly below the shaped image but I think it's still close enough to the sketch to pass muster :)  Oops!  I've only just noticed now that the black panel should go to the bottom of the card.  Doh!  Sorry, Jen!

I started with a Crumb Cake card base which I stamped with Peacock Feathers distress ink and Memento Gray Flannel ink, using Gorgeous Grunge.  The black panel is dry embossed with a tread plate EF and rounded on opposite corners.

The car was stamped in Peacock Feathers ink and cut out.  The sentiment is on slightly crooked which really annoyed me so I straightened it after I took the photos.  The inside was kept pretty simple:



Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the DT will blow you away with their creativity this week so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Maximum Power (CTMH), Gorgeous Grunge (SU)
Ink:  Peacock Feathers Distress, Memento Gray Flannel
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Heavy Duty EF (Couture Creations), Corner Rounder

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love that sentiment.....so true! And the peacock blue car is fabulous!

Jen Mitchell said...

Now that's a great man card!

Bonnie said...

This is a great guy card!

Amy O said...

What a great guy card! I love how you started by looking for the right die cut and then ended up going a different direction -- I do that a lot too!

Cindy Hall said...

Great masculine card, Karren! And, FYI, I didn't see the panel that's supposed to go all the way to the bottom, either! I really didn't even do the panel like it's shown in the sketch. Oops.

Cindy Lovell said...

Awesome masculine card!! I love the splatters and the colors are awesome!!

Karen Davis said...

What a wonderful card Karren. A fabulous card for a guy, the sentiment would be so perfect for a birthday or other occasions. Love the splatters.

Jen Brum said...

Such a great masculine card Karren! I love that black panel! It stands out so nicely! The inside of the card is fabulous as well! I think your take on the sketch is just perfect!

Narelle Farrugia said...

So cool! What a fabulous masculine card you've created with your vintage car!