Tuesday 7 May 2013

Oh Hello, Starfruit

This card was a real challenge for me - a card using Summer Starfruit as one of the main colors does not come naturally to me.  I know there are a lot of people out there that like it, but it just hurts my eyes LOL.

Anyway, a challenge isn't a challenge without doing something different, so I went with the colors from Pals Paper Arts, the sketch from Fab Friday and the Celebrating Mom theme from Stampin' Royalty and this is the result:



I kept a lot of white space on this card to try and tone down the starfruit - not sure if it worked.  I do like the pattern in the Sycamore Street DSP so I used that and then used markers to color the chevron image from Oh Hello.  Again I used a Designer Builder Brad for my embellishment.




Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Oh Hello; Delightful Dozen
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Summer Starfruit; Lucky Limeade
Ink:  
Accessories:  Summer Starfruit; Lucky Limeade; Pool Party markers; Designer Builder Brads; SAB 2012 ribbon; Crop-a-dile; 1/2" circle punch


Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as a Fab Fave at Fab Friday and earned the PPA Pick Badge and was a Goddess Pick at Stampin' Royalty!  Woot, woot!

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card!!!

Darnell said...

I think you toned it down brilliantly, Karren, and all your colors nicely balance each other! I also love the way you used on of those brad thingies on your card. I have a bunch of them, so I appreciate the inspiration!!

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful! I love how you offset the chevrons on the tag. And the Summer Starfruit looks great in your design…don't stress! =) Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I just love this! The colors are great and I love that stamp set! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Linda Callahan said...

Very classy - I love this!

Justin said...

Fun colors and different for a mother's day card! Thank you for playing along with Fab Friday!

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty card!! I'm glad that stamp set is sticking around!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!

LeAnne said...

This is fabulous....now I am wishing I had gotten some of the Sycamore Street DP! Congrats on your PPA win, too!

Margaret Moody said...

Wow! What a great card, Karren! I love how you paired this stamp image with the Sycamore DSP! It looks wonderful together! Great job with the challenge colors and congrats on being a PPA Pick!