Thursday 25 October 2012

Watercolor Winter

This week's challenge at Paper Players is a CAS card featuring frames.  I went the obvious route and used the Designer Frames Embossing Folder.


I used a new-to-me set called Watercolor Winter and stamped that onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to fit inside the Designer Frames EF.  The sentiment comes from More Merry Messages and was colored with Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler markers.  Some gorgeous Lucky Limeade paper from the Candlelight Christmas DSP, along with some Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon finished off the card.


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Watercolor Winter; More Merry Messages
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla; Candlelight Christmas DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso
Accessories:  Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso markers; Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon; Designer Frames EF

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as a Cut Above card over at Paper Players this week.


5 comments:

Kim S said...

I had a chance to get that stamp set yesterday and I walked out without it - now you are seriously making me regret that decision. It is lovely surrounded with the frame on all of that white!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, wow - this is GORGEOUS, Karren! And here I was, thinking I didn't need either that stamp set OR DSP. Thanks a lot!!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous holiday card, Karren! So crisp and clean! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Karren, your card is lovely, as is your whole blog. I have enjoyed perusing your recent cards-you do great work! I am a fan! Thanks for your inspiration-

H2 :) said...

Simple & stunning. Gorgeous card Karren! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)