Sunday 21 October 2012

Milestone Birthday

My older sister is celebrating a milestone birthday next week.  I won't tell you how old she is, because that just wouldn't be right (but check out the card...LOL).

I decided to do something a little more detailed than I usually do, so I used the Mojo Monday sketch as my inspiration.  I can't remember the last time I produced a card with so many layers!  I also used the inked embossing folder technique again, so I'm linking to Hand Stamped Sentiments as well.  That technique really provides another level to embossed panels.


I used my favorite DSP in the new SU catalog - Fan Fair.  Love that paper!  The sentiment is from the Made For You set, which has such a cool font.  I only wish there were more stamps in the set!

Happy Birthday for the 27th, Jannene!





Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Made for You
Cardstock:  Pink Pirouette; Basic Black; Whisper White; Fan Fair DSP
Ink:  Riding Hood Red
Accessories:  Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die; Lacy Brocade EF; Basic Pearls; Riding Hood Red Grosgrain Ribbon; other doily die; circle nesties; corner rounder

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!! Love the color combo- so soft and pretty!!! Great job on the inked embossing folder technique!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Elizabeth Price said...

I think this card is FABULOUS! The layout is so interesting and the preinked TIEF adds such pretty dimension to your card. I am so glad you added your card to our technique challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Shannon said...

Gorgeous card! Love the feminine embossing of the background against the bold numbers on top. I really like how the doily borders the bottom of the circle. Great job with the challenge! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Erika Clark said...

Wow, you are a busy crafter this week! I love the card, and I really love your sense of humor :O) Very polite of you to not give a girl's age away! Love the pink ink embossing! Erika

inkedx2 said...

Love all the pink! Whomever gets this card is going to get a real beauty! Love it. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS.