Saturday 29 September 2012

Welcome Christmas

Well, I've had a fun week.  I finally convinced DH to let me move my stamp room from the 4th bedroom to the formal lounge, which had over the years become a storage room for the boys' stuff as well as their games room.  My reasoning was that we never use the room because (a) we never entertain on a large scale and (b) it's such a mess we keep the doors shut all the time so it's a waste of real estate.  At least if it was my stamp room, I'd keep it tidy(ish) LOL.  My argument worked!  Either that or Pete just got sick of my nagging...  Anyway, Monday and Tuesday evenings were spent swapping the furniture between rooms.  I took some before and after photos of my stamp rooms so if you're like me and love looking at other people's stamp areas, check back later because I'll post some photos.  I have to keep some furniture in my stamp room because there is just not enough room in the 4th bedroom, but I can live with that.  I've still got way more space to spread out my crap supplies.

Here's the first card I made in my new room and my submission for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  When I first saw this sketch the other day, I had an idea percolating in my head, but today when I got to sit down and stamp, I went in a completely different direction.  I love this sketch so I still might try my other idea when time permits.


I took a few liberties with the sketch as you can see, but I quite like the end result.  I white embossed the image onto the O Christmas Tree DSP from Deck the Halls, then adhered that panel to a Basic Black layer.  I tied the gorgeous (sadly retired) 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon around and tied a huge bow.  This card is definitely going to have to be hand-delivered!  

Here's the sketch:


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Welcome Christmas
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Basic Black; Deck the Halls DSP
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  White EP; Black 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as Queen of Clean at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  Thanks, Jen!  

Cheers
Karren


4 comments:

Jen Timko said...

I think you used the sketch perfectly Karren!! That bow is awesome!! Clearly the new space is working for you! ;-) Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jen Sannes said...

Gorgeous! I love your take on this week's sketch - your card is crisp and elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

Jen Mitchell said...

Looks like your new stamping digs are very inspiring because I love your take on the sketch! The embossed silhouette image is so elegant and I love the big bow! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

Oh, I miss that ribbon so much. I love that you used it and that yummy bow; such a fun way to interpret the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!