Saturday 28 July 2012

Buttons

Conveniently for me, both Stampin' Royalty and SUO Challenges have challenges this week involving buttons.  Combining those with the sketch challenge at Stampin' Queens I came up with this card:


Now this didn't come out how I'd envisaged in my head and I played around with it so much, I can't even remember what I'd envisaged LOL.  But I'm reasonably happy with it.  I like the clean design and white space and it was good to use Perfect Plum and Certainly Celery again.

I scored a frame around the buttons to add a bit of interest.  The sentiment was colored with my Perfect Plum marker so I could omit the second line of text.


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!)

Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Perfect Plum
Accessories:  Perfect Plum marker; Subtles Buttons; White Bakers Twine; Simply Scored

Cheers
Karren




6 comments:

Deb Hoekstra said...

What a creative way to showcase the buttons! Thanks for sharing your card with SUO Challenges.

savvy teaching tips said...

What a great card. You really made the buttons the focus of this card. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Mary Brown said...

What a perfectly wonderful CAS card! LOVE the colors and the buttons! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!

Karen Barber said...

Such a clean and classy look!!

Jen Timko said...

What a great way to use this sketch! Such a clean and wonderful card! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Heidi Baks said...

Love this clean looks with the buttons and embossing! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.