Saturday 10 March 2012

CCMC192 - Word Play

I love circles on cards so completing the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary was a no-brainer for me and this card came together quite quickly, which is always nice as I'm a slow designer who always second-guesses myself!

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


I used Textured Cardstock for the base and paper pierced a circle on it which you can see better in this next picture.

I used my circle scissor to cut 3 different sized circles - one out of DSP, one out of Peach Parfait cardstock and one out of Whisper White Textured Cardstock.  I used markers to ink up the stamp from Word Play, which is a great set and I'm so glad I got it.  I quite like the effect of the stamping on textured cardstock.  The stamped images are popped up on dimensionals.

Products used:  (all Stampin' Up!)

Stamps:  Word Play, Little Friends
Cardstock:  Basic Black Textured; Whisper White Textured; Peach Parfait; Just Add Cake DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso
Accessories:  Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade markers; Circle Scissor; Paper Piercing Tool.

Cheers
Karren



7 comments:

Carrie Sampsel said...

Cute card and I too really like how the stamped image turned out on the textured cardstock. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Lisa Martz said...

This is a CUTE card! I love cards that are well thought out and use a minimum of supplies. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

LeAnne said...

This is awesome! I LOVE the textured paper and the different colors you used for your sentiment....very cool card for a guy, which I find difficult to do!

Deb said...

What an awesome birthday card! I love the circle images!! I, too, love the effect of stamping on textured card stock! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Nance Leedy said...

Love the pierced circle and the textured cardstock--such a different look! Fabulous colors and I like how the DSP you chose repeats the circle theme. Thank you for playing along with us at CCMC!

Debbie Henderson said...

Very cute card and I like the pierced circle effect you created! Thanks for participating with Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute...love all the circles inside the pierced one! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!