Friday 5 January 2018

Mail Call

Hi and welcome to the first Fusion challenge of the year!  As it is also our anniversary, as we have done in past years, we have chosen guest designers to join us for this challenge.  I invited Jen Mitchell, who has a beautiful clean and CAS style that I admire.  I'm sure most of you know of Jen's work already but if not, head on over to her blog and check it out. 

Here's the challenge graphic:

I created a fusion of both sketch and photo, by focusing on the mail theme, the woodgrain and the colors in the photo.  I created a mini envelope from a MFT die that I die-cut from some woodgrain paper that I sponged over with Peacock Feathers ink.  I used some thread and the smaller dies in the set to create a closure for the envelope. 



The same woodgrain paper without the ink was used down the right hand side of the Desert Storm card base.  After doing some surgery to a stamp by cutting it apart, I stamped the sentiment on a die-cut strip of patterned paper designed to look like a notebook page, which fit quite well with the theme!  To help the envelope stand out from the card base, I backed it with a scalloped square cut from black cardstock.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll head over and see what the rest of the design team have done with this challenge.

Products used:

Stamps:  KIS:  Just for You (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Peacock Feathers
Cardstock:  Desert Storm, Black, Wood & Notebook Basics (Sn@p)
Dies:  Mini Mail (MFT), Mini Color Block (Taylored Expressions)
Accessories:  Thread

Cheers
Karren




2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love that textured envelope! Such a fun card!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a stunning take on the challenge, Karren! I love your rustic woodgrain border. and how you added distress ink to create more dimension on the envie...WOW! This would be a great card for a guy ~ You've done an amazing job with the sketch and inspiration photo...I'm so impressed!