Thursday 28 December 2017

Up in the Air

Hi and welcome!  I've been trying to spend a couple of hours in my craft room each day while I'm off work and this is today's effort:


I made this using the sketch at MFT Stamps.  The ink-blended panel was created by blending various distress inks onto a sheet of Bristol Smooth.  I spritzed some water on the panel and set it aside to dry.  The die-cut grid cover-up was adhered with thin strips of foam tape.  I stamped, colored and die-cut the balloon, clouds and dog and white embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock.

I arranged all the elements onto the card front then used my tape runner to attach it to a white top-folding card base before adding some Crystal Glaze to the dog's nose and black glaze pen to his eyes.



Thanks for visiting.


I'm also linking this up to the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp.



Products used:

Stamps:  Up in the Air (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire Distre Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Strathmore Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Up in the Air, Square Grid Cover Up (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Copics, Little Things Sequins

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was featured in the MFT You've Been Spotted post.

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be! Beautiful inking and a wonderful way to use the sketch!

ElizStewart said...

Sooo adorable!

Barb Ghig said...

Love your take on the sketch, Karren! Your little pup is so cute and your ink blending on the background is really striking! Such a sweet card!

Cara said...

Just adorable! I love your inked background x

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous and adorable card. I love it. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year with family and friends. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx