Sunday 24 December 2017

Gray Celebration

Hi!  As promised yesterday, here is the other card I made.  It's my DH's birthday today (Christmas Eve) and I decided I'd better get to making him a birthday card!  As soon as I saw the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch I knew I wanted to do some ink blending.  I did consider the retiform technique but wanted to keep it as CAS as possible.  I also used lots of stars from different Blueprints sets to play along in the MFT Blueprints Challenge.  And finally, I'm entering this card into The Male Room challenge (Christmas/December celebrations).




I lightly ruled off the boxes using a pencil and ruler to match the sketch then chose a heap of gray inks and Post-It tape to mask off each box before blending ink into the opening.  I left a small white gap between each box (which was really so I could go back and erase my pencil marks, but I like the look nonetheless).

The sentiment is stacked three high for dimension and stability.  The stars come from various MFT Blueprints sets and were cut from SSS cardstock to match the inks.  I did add a tiny bit of shimmer pen to some of the stars to lift the card a bit but other than that, there was no other embellishing.



Thanks for visiting today and every other time you've visited me here.  Have a wonderful Christmas.  I'll be back in a couple of days hopefully with another card.



MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar

Products used:

Ink:  Slate, Smoke, Stone, Fossil, Fog (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Slate Smoke, Stone, Fog (SSS)
Dies:  Blueprints 15, 18, 19. 25, Celebrate (MFT)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CAS(E) This Sketch and The Male Room


12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This looks amazing! Fabulous take on the sketch! Merry Christmas!

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous, Karren! In all of my favorite shades of grey!
=]

Petra Swart said...

WOW, sooooooo beautiful, Karren!!!! LOVE all the different shades of grey and the subtle sparkle!!!!
Hugz

Chrissy Larson said...

What a brilliant idea with the ink blending. I am having the best time seeing what everyone is doing with this sketch. Love this!

Linda Callahan said...

This sketch is wild and I love what you did with it! Wonderful card! Merry Christmas my friend!

Georgiana said...

Great job with the MFT challenge.

Andreja said...

I like your beautiful festive card :-))
Thanks for joining in with The Male Room.

Lady Joyful said...

Fabulous card. I really like the colours you used. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Jen Mitchell said...

It may not be 50 shades of gray, but it's a fabulous blend of many shades of gray! I bet Pete loved this to bits. It's a great card and your design would look great in a whole bunch of different colors. And now, since you are my enabler-in-chief I'm off to figure out what in the world a retiform technique is! lol

Melissa Grant said...

This is great! Perfect masculine card!

Rocky said...

Very clever inking, love the effect. Thank you for sharing it with us at TMR.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful ink blending on all those gorgeous shades of gray, Karren! Great job combining challenges, too...a fabulous masculine card!