Thursday 9 November 2017

Hippo Bird-Day

Hi and welcome!  Today's post uses the newest sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches team and this week our hostess is the die-cut queen, Cecile Ribon.


I needed a birthday card for my niece, who is about to turn 12.  So I pulled out my Happy Hippos stamp set and made this card for her:


I did a bit of masking and stamped the hippo, hat and balloons and colored them with Copics.  Once tht was finished, I cut the combined images with my Scan n Cut.

The card base is 4.25" square and I added a strip of black and white striped paper across the bottom left corner.  I edged that with some copper foil cardstock.  I think this makes for a modern look, which I hope a 12-year old will like 😄 The sentiment was white-embossed onto black and cut to match the angle of the copper strip.  To finish the card, I added some white gel pen dots to the party hat and Glossy Accents to the balloons.


Thanks for visiting!  The rest of the design team have some gorgeous cards so head on over and check them out.


Products used:

Stamps:  Happy Hippos (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Dots & Stripes Neutrals (MFT), Copper Foil
Accessories:  Copics, White Gel Pen, Glossy Accents, White EP.


Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

Amy O said...

Perfect masking and coloring on this cute card! Your niece will love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks, Karren!!! How did you know?
I love this guy every time you color him... now please go tell them to make 'two ewes' to go with?
=]

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a cute card, Karren! I love your little hippo with his shiny balloons and your copper angled strip works perfectly for a 12-year-old :) I think I 'need' a Scan n Cut...your images look fabulous!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a cute hippo! And I love how you did the corner work! Terrific card!

Jen Brum said...

Oooohh!!!! I love this card! That hippo is just too sweet! I love him! Your colouring is amazing - as always!

Cara said...

This is just adorable, I bet she loved it x

Jen Mitchell said...

I am sure your niece loved this! What a fantastic card!

Jen Timko said...

Seriously, this hippo is just the cutest. Love the bright colors with the black!