Saturday 24 December 2016

Sunrise over New York

I had a couple of hours in the craft room today, Christmas Eve and my DH's birthday, and one of the cards I made was this card for the current Muse Challenge as well as the challenge at Time Out, where we are inspired by the words:  'With each sunrise we are given a chance for a new beginning'



I was inspired by Jenni's skyline and blue background, although I went with a "hello" card instead of a New Year one.  And for the word challenge, I tried to depict a sunrise over the city skyline by sponging orange, yellow and three blues onto a panel of watercolor paper.  Once that was dry after flicking on some water, I adhered the black skyline die-cut and put both layers through the Big Shot with the Sunshine Layers die by WPlus9.

The "hello" was die-cut from white glitter paper and that finished the card.




Thanks so much for visiting!  And as it is Christmas Day here tomorrow, I'll wish you all a Merry Christmas!


Grab Our Badge!

Products used:

Ink:  Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Watercolor, Black, White Glitter Paper
Dies:  New York Skyline (MFT), Painted Hello (SSS), Sunshine Layers (WPlus9)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Muse and Time Out

12 comments:

sandie said...

stunning Skyline Skyine Karren and gorgeous sunset and I love the sparkle of the hello. A very Merry Christmas, a great Muse card and thanks for joining Time Out

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow love how dramatic it looks with the sun rising against the skyline !Thank you for joining us over at Muse and Merry Christmas to you all x

Manisha Ayyappath said...

Lovely! The background is stunning and the cityscape is awesome against it!

Nonni said...

Gorgeous card Karren! I love your surise and the silhouette die... I also cant wait for this W+9 border die to be back in stock at Seven Hills Crafts, I've got to have it! :) Lovely work as always. Merry Christmas and thanks for joining us at TO!

Ruth said...

Such a beautiful card - the sunrise is so perfectly set in that background. Wishing you a very very Merry Christmas and a supremely happy and crafty New Year! Xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love that MFT die - would have used it, but you got there first! Fabulous card!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is such a gorgeous card! What a wonderful sunrise sky you have created for this beautiful die! Awesome take on both challenges!

Rosemary said...

fabulous card, karren!!! the inked background is amazing!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome take on both challenges, Karren! Since I live nearby, I can honestly say this is exactly how the sunrise looks over the Manhatten skyline each morning! Love your sparkly sentiment, too! Really fabulous work, as always!

Jenny Colacicco said...

Fabulous card - I love the sky, especially the splatters and great that you got inspired. Thank you for joining us at Time Out! Jenny x

Jill V said...

Such a gorgeous card Karren - the ink blending captures a sunrise beautifully - and I love the skyline! Simply beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

sandie said...

congrats for getting HM at Time Out Karren, we loved your card x