Thursday 8 December 2016

I Positively Adore You

Welcome to my blog!  Today we have another sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the super-talented Amy O'Neill.  Check out her sketch:
Such a great sketch!  I decided to take a break from Christmas cards and make a birthday card for DH, whose birthday is on Christmas Eve.   I used NBUS from MFT Stamps, having taken advantage of their recent 30% off sale to buy a few things on my wishlist.


I white-embossed several images plus the sentiment on a black panel then die-cut it with a stitched square die.  The flasks were cut from white cardstock and colored with Copics and the  "tube" connecting them was cut from gray cardstock.  The card base was also die-cut with a stitched die.


All in all a simple card but I'm sure DH will enjoy it.  

Thanks for visiting!  The DT have some gorgeous creations using Amy's sketch so take a minute to check them out.



Products used:

Stamps:  Undeniable Chemistry (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Slate (SSS)
Dies:  Undeniable Chemistry (MFT), Stitched Mats Rectangles, Stitched Mats Squares (Lil Inkers)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love that black and white panel you created! This is adorable.....and oh so perfectly done.....so tidy and neat....just like my house.....hahahah........

Barb Ghig said...

Such a great card for your hubby, Karren! I love how you played with the sketch, and your color combo is fabulous! I also love that you used white EP on black for all those fun images...very clever!
I'm sure you enjoyed your little shopping spree over at MFT...it's always fun to move a few goodies from your wishlist to your cart...Way to go :)

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun take on the sketch. Nothing like a good potion or two to liven up a birthday!

Amy O said...

I didn't know Chemistry could be so fun! This is such a cute card, Karren, and a great use of the sketch!

Rosemary said...

what a fun design, karren!!

Donna Scholz said...

My favorite designer card for this challenge! I just HAD to click on it when it caught my eye, Karren! Love it!!! -Donna

Kim S said...

Oh my gosh!! I have two kids who are into science - this is the PERFECT card!! Fabulous use of the sketch!

Pam Sparks said...

so cute! I love your design! Our oldest daughter was born on Christmas day so I always need ideas! TFS!

Jen Timko said...

Totally and completely fantastic! I know I said it over at IG too but I just love this!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Karren! I positively adore your card! It's so fum! If you aren't a chemistry genius you are definitively a card-making Genius!