Sunday 6 November 2016

Dragon Baby

Hi and welcome!  Today's card was made using the Welcome cue word at CASology as well as the sketch at The Heart Desires.


This Magical Dragons set is another NBUS set.  MFT sets don't normally sit in my NBUS box for long which is why I haven't been making much with MFT sets lately :)  However, I bought this set and the dies were out of stock so I had to set up my Silhouette to cut the images and that was just too much like hard work until this weekend!

I colored the wee dragons and then embossed the sentiment onto a strip of vellum using Rose Gold EP.  That was adhered under a tiny strip of black, giving the dragons something to ground them


And that's about all there is to it!  Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Magical Dragons (MFT), Bundle of Joy (SPD)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Vellum, X-Press It
Accessories:  Rose Gold EP (SSS), Copics

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CASology

22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Well it was just perfect timing for this to get stamped! Karren, how precious! LOve your coloring ... thanks for always showing your Copics... I always need help with choosing colors! xx
=]

Susanne Vargas said...

So very adorable!

OH Babs said...

This image is so cute and it sure makes an adorable welcome baby card.

Jen W. said...

Karren, this is adorable!! Gorgeous coloring on these sweet little dragons. Love it! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

jen said...

This is too fun- great use if the sketch! Those dragons are adorable and your copic skills are amazing! I'm curious what NBUS means! I feel like I should know, but I don't! Thanks for joining us at THD!

Rosemary said...

so very sweet and perfectly colored, karren!!

Judy1223 said...

Karren, this is just adorable! I love how you grounded the dragons on the black line, and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous coloring, Karren! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

These little dragons are just too cute, Karren, and I really love how you have grounded them along that fab black strip! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Joyce said...

Your dragons are so very adorable, and perfectly colored. Love how they sit at the top of your card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Melissa said...

SO sweet!!! I love that bold black line the dragons are sitting on. It really grounds the images and draws the eye in!
Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

Barb Ghig said...

Such a darling card, Karren! I love your CAS design and of course, your amazing Copic coloring...so fabulous! I'm loving your sweet vellum sentiment, too...very CUTE!

Hannelie said...

LOVE this Karren!
Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Karren! This baby dragon is so cute! Not to mention the fabulous coloring!

Linda Callahan said...

Who knew dragons were so cute?!?!?! Adorable card!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

cuteness! Love this so very much. Thanks for sharing with us at THD!

SugarGem said...

Aww so sweet. Thanks for joining us at the Heart Desires Challenge

Karen Davis said...

So, so sweet!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Absolutely adorable. And more proof that having a Silhouette is invaluable (and that I should use mine more)!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this...adorable...

Toni said...

Aww, I love this sweet card. I have a coworker needing a baby card soon--perhaps I'll case your cute dragons! Glad to see you at THD!

~amy~ said...

awwwww...I love this sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!