Tuesday 29 September 2015

Merry Everything

Hi and welcome!  Today I'm sad to report that this is my last post as a member of the Merry Monday Design Team.  I need a bit of a break from Christmas cards, so have decided to step down from the team.  And yes, I do appreciate the irony of my timing :)  This is a wonderful team of talented and friendly stampers and I'll be sorry to say goodbye.

This week's challenge comes to us from Kristie and she is wanting to see rainbow colors on our cards.


I was going to do something in ROYGBIV sequence, but I'd received the Jingle All The Way stamp set a week ago and really, really wanted to ink it up, so decided to use rainbow colors on my card.


I had a lot of fun coloring these adorable images and then spent a bit of time working out how to display them.  In the end, I went for some subtle grass/sky ink blending a la Laura Bassen to ground the figures and popped them up on dimensional tape.  The sentiment was white embossed and cut at an angle.


I painted the gifts and the little girl's dress with Wink of Stella so it has a subtle shimmer.

Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the fabulous rainbow creations of the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Jingle All The Way (MFT)
Ink:  Green Apple, Sea Glass (SSS), Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Accessories:  Jingle All The Way dies (MFT), Copics, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Karren! Beautifully colored little scene!

Wendy said...

Love your beautifully colored images in the rainbow colors, Karren! So cute! I'm so sad that your leaving us at Merry Monday but totally understand! It was great getting to know you over the last year or 2 and I love your style of stamping! Please come back and play along with us when your in the mood for Christmas cards, ok?? Take care and hope to see you around!! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love it! For some reason this Santa makes me smile - he's too cute!

Linda said...

This is adorable, Karren and so beautifully colored.

Hannelie said...

Awesome coloring!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So pretty Karren, love how you used the rainbow of colors to color your images!

Kristie Goulet said...

Such an adorable card, Karren!!! I am sad you are leaving too, but totally understand. Hope you come back and play along just for fun. :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I just LOVE this set - that little girl is one of my favourites! Sorry to see you go but I will be seeing you on Fusion ;)

Deanne :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEELing over this Karren!!!

Notes by Nina said...

So so cute Karren, we will miss you on the team.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, what an absolutely darling image! We're so going to miss you, but I'll be following you so as not to miss any of your beautiful work!