Saturday 19 September 2015

Inlaid Hello

Hi!  Today's card came to me during the night when I was meant to be sleeping!  I'm sure that happens to other people, too :)

So as soon as the first load of laundry was in the machine this morning, I dashed into my craft room to put it together.


I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, the colors from ColourQ and the inlaid die-cutting technique at Friday Mashup.  And because this card is pretty much all die-cutting, it works for Simon Says Stamp Die Crazy Challenge.

I started by sponging over a Silhouette-cut stencil using Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans ink.  I tried to stay in a loose pattern to resemble the sketch elements.  I then temporarily stuck two square dies together to create a frame and cut a frame from both the card base and a piece of PTI Stone cardstock.  The Hello die is from PTI and was cut using Kiwi Kiss cardstock and also in the cardbase/frame.

The word was painted with Wink of Stella to give it a lovely shimmer.  Once I had all the pieces die-cut, I inlaid it all back into the cardbase.  I finished the card with some black enamel dots to loosely mimic the banner in the sketch.


Thanks for visiting.



Friday Mashup

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Products used:

Ink:  Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans (Distress)
Cardstock:  White, Kiwi Kiss (SU), Stone (PTI)
Accessories:  Noted die (PTI), Nesting Rounded Squares (Lifestyle Crafts), Silhouette-cut stencil, Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Friday Mashup.

12 comments:

Greta said...

Way to combine challenges, Karren! This is really neat!

Cathy said...

Hi Karren, great take on these challenges, love the inlaid look. Great night time planning! Cathy x

Jen Mitchell said...

Fabulous take on that sketch Karren! I love this!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karren!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a gorgeous card! Loving your stenciled background and the ColourQ colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CTS!
=] Michele

Lisa said...

Terrific card, great job with the inlaid die cutting technique!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is so super cute! I love the soft raindrop background and your double (whoa!) inlay!! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love the stencilled background! Great take on the sketch!

Gayatri said...

Layered yet CAS. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Die Crazy Challenge :)

Hannelie said...

Yes indeed... that happens to me all the time. Great ideas are born the moment I put my head to a pillow!
Love your card and so glad you joined us at CTS!

brrenwick said...

Love this CAS card with the inset dies! Thanks for playing along with us at Friday Mashup!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love the background and how you inset the diecuts. Very pretty!