Wednesday 17 December 2014

Icy Snowman

Hi and welcome!  Today I have the great pleasure of being Guest Designer at a relatively new challenge called Retro Rubber.  This is a great challenge and quite unique in that, as well as the usual sketch and color challenges, the twist is you should use older stamps for your cards!  By older, preferably more than a year old - you don't need to go back to last century unless you want to :) 

Like most of us, I love everything that's new and often neglect some amazing old stamps in my sizeable collection, so this challenge is a great way to share the love :)

Anyway, I won their second challenge and was invited to play along as GD on this challenge, which is a cool color challenge to use silver, blue and white on a holiday card.







The stamps I used on this card come from an Inkadinkado set I've had for probably 5 years.  I silver embossed the snowman onto a piece of Midnight Muse cardstock then cut it out with a stitched circle die to get the stitch lines on the inside of the circle.  I then used the same circle die to cut a circle out of a piece of white cardstock which added stitching to the outside of the circle. 

The sentiment was stamped in Midnight Muse ink and the whole panel was mounted onto the blue panel using foam tape.  A strip of silver glitter paper added a bit of sparkle down the right hand side as did the rhinestones.

I hope you'll find time to support Retro Rubber Challenge.  I wish them all the best!

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Holiday Silhouettes (Inkadinkado)
Ink:  Midnight Muse, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Midnight Muse, Silver Glitter Paper
Accessories:  Pewter EP, Lil' Inkers Stitched Mats Circle Dies, rhinestones

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Beautiful card! I am very excited to learn about the Retro Rubber challenge! I have been stamping for a long time and have tons of older stamps that I still love but have been neglected. Off to check out their blog and hopefully play once I have time to craft again...

Ellibelle said...

A really nice sketch and love your choice of colors!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a cutie snowman! I love how he smiling at his little visitor. Your use of the color challenge is wonderful and the glittery bling is just the right touch! Thank you for bringing him out to play and being our guest designer at Retro Rubber! We hope you will play with us again soon!

Becca Cruger said...

This is so gorgeous! It's been so crazy busy that I haven't been able to participate in the last two RRS challenges. :( Thanks for the extra push to get my butt back over there.

Jane Knudsen said...

That snowman is adorable!! An absolute beautiful card for our challenge! Thank you so much for being our guest designer! We are excited to have you!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness this is ultra-gorgeous! Maybe I need to get myself a snowman stamp like this one - he's very subtle!

Neva Cole said...

The offset circle is an idea I will definitely CAS! Wonderful use of the challenge colors, and the delightful snowman is so sweet. Thank you for joining us as a GD at RRCB! Neva from DT