Tuesday 9 September 2014

Autumn Leaves

I got the urge yesterday to make another autumn card - even though it was a glorious spring day!  This time I sponged a manila tag with various distress inks then over-stamped some realistic leaf images.





The tag is quite big and even though I cut some off the length, it still takes over the card.  The sentiment is white-embossed over a patch of sponged Fired Brick ink.  Once all the stamping was done, I flicked some water onto the tag.



The card base had some subtle embossing folder inking on it to break up the Crumb Cake a bit.  Then I adhered thin strips of black down each side.

I'm entering this into Curtain Call and Paper Players who both have fall challenges.




Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  With Gratitude (SU), French Foliage (SU), The Big, the Bold and the Happy (W&W)
Ink:  Distress Inks - Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Gathered Twigs, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo; Stazon, Versamark
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake,Basic Black, Manila Tag
Accessories:  Picket Fence Distress Stain, Dot Matrix EF (Tim Holtz), White EP

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Paper Players.

16 comments:

Greta said...

Just stunning--love it!

Andrea W said...

The colors are terrific and I love the subtle water spots. Beautiful card! So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh boy, I LOVE this!

Nance Leedy said...

The overstamping is just GORGEOUS on this--love the colors too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Linda Callahan said...

Hello Gorgeous! Wow this is one smart stylin' tag!

laurie said...

Beautiful job on the sponging, and I love the water spots! Thanks for joining us this week at The paper Players!

Yapha Mason said...

What a gorgeous tag! I love your sponging and embossing! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

~amy~ said...

Oh this is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a beautiful card! I love the sponged colouring with the overstamping - this tag is a true fall statement! So beautiful against the simple background layout; it really allows the beauty of your tag to shine. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous!! All those lovely elements with the rich, sponged colors - that pop of the white sentiment is just perfect.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous tag...all the colors and elements together are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Your background on the tag is stunning. Gorgeous card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Ginger said...

Lovely card. It has inspired me to make a card with same colors with leaves ,but with oriental elements. Thanks very much.

Mary Decker said...

Beautiful! It's amazing how the colors make the word so crisp.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Thats my kind of tag - LOVE!

Ellen said...

Good morning,
the colors of your card are really, really beautyful. I like the foliages and the written words. A nice inspiration!
Have a good day! Ellen
PS: Okay, I will write my comments in english. Sorry for the spelling mistakes, I do my best. ;-) It's no problem that you write in english. I like that!