Tuesday 29 July 2014

Merry Monday - Say What?

Welcome to Merry Monday!  This week, we have no Christmas cards for you.  Say what?  
We're throwing a surprise birthday blog hop for our fellow design team member, LeAnne Pugliese of Wee Inklings fame!  LeAnne is celebrating a milestone birthday and we want to make her birthday extra special.



Hopefully you've come here from the blog of my talented team-mate, Debbie Henderson.  Wasn't her card fabulous?  And here is my card to honor LeAnne:



I tried to channel LeAnne while I was making this card!  I went for a vintage image, colored with Copics.  I also used some vintage-looking papers and a card to celebrate LeAnne wouldn't be complete without a shabby bow, now, would it?  Here's a close-up shot.



I haven't had much practice at coloring people, so don't look too closely :)

Here are the copics I used, if you're interested.



So what next?  Well, follow the blog hop around to see everyone's fabulous cards.  The next stop is the very clever Sue Joyce.  Once you've been around the blog hop, go make a birthday card for LeAnne and link it up to Merry Monday.  We'll be choosing a winner and honorable mentions like any other challenge, so have a go!

I used a recent Verve sketch for this card.




Last but definitely not least, I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Leanne!

Products used:

Stamps:  Greeting Card Kids, Petite Pairs (SU)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Sky
Cardstock:  Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Xpress-it, Attic Boutique DSP, Sweet Slumber DSP
Accessories:  Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Circle Nesties, Circle Scallop Nesties, Banner Framelits, Basic Pearls, Adorning Accents EF and framelits, Pretty Prints DSP, Copics

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! I love the vintage feel...have a wonderful week xoxoxo

Rita W said...

This totally makes me think of LeAnne! Amazing card!

Susan Powell said...

Love the vintage-y feel to your card - and that girl is super cute!!

Bonnie said...

This is so LeAnne, Karren! And you colored that sweet little lass so well! LeAnne is going to love this!

Greta said...

Oh what a treasure, Karren--You used that sketch to perfection! I know LeAnne is oohing & ahhing!

Lesley said...

Oh you did such a good job of channeling LeAnne! Love the sweet image and the shabby feel!!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh look at this sweet little girl to honour LeAnne. This is such a pretty card. Happy Birthday LeAnne.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh my! Such an adorable card - love that image!

Deanne :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, your card is absolutely DARLING! Hope you have a great week!

Patrice said...

Such a sweet card Karren, love your colouring and that gorgeous bow.

Linda Callahan said...

You did channel LeAnne! She loves this set and crinkly bows! This is beautiful!

LeAnne said...

Oh Karen, I think you've got my number...sweet little vintage image (one of my favorites, I might add!), coloring, shabby chic bow, gingham and checks, lovely DP....you have made me SMILE with this card! Thank you SO much for helping me celebrate my birthday in such a special way!

LeAnne said...

Oops, and I'm sorry I misspelled your name....my fingers just were too excited, looking at your card, KARREN!!! ♥

chrissy xx said...

Just GOrgeous! What a FABulous design..A sweet image and I LOve your colours.
Chrissyxx
Cause you said don't look to close? I did! FABulous job..FABulous shading..xx

Katie Melhus said...

This is just precious!

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card, this image is so cute and I love the beautiful bow and papers.

Julene Matthews said...

A very pretty vintage style card

Susan Renshaw said...

A very special card!! Love the background and the image...