Sunday 11 August 2013

Color Blocked Wishes

Here's a very CAS and unadorned card I made using the sketch at Create with Connie & Mary and the colors at ColourQ.  I wasn't feeling too well yesterday when I made this, so I kept it very simple.  In fact, it took me longer to decide on the "random" placement of the candy dots than it did to make the card!



I had to hunt through all my DSP to find paper in each of the challenge colors and I have to apologise to the ColourQ team because I couldn't find any Night of Navy DSP at all and had to use Not Quite Navy from Wonderfully Worn.  I think it's a close enough match in this case, though.  The Soft Sky DSP came from an old pack called Western Sky - loved that paper!  Perhaps it's time I invest in some of the new paper stacks!

The sentiment comes from my favorite sentiment set in the catty - Four You.  Love the size and fonts of these stamps.



Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Four You
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Western Sky DSP; Epic Day DSP; Wonderfully Worn DSP
Ink:  Basic Gray
Accessories:  Regals and Subtles Candy Dots

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Very nice CASE card with lots of white space. Love the sentiment you used and the candy dots! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the colors of the Color Blocking...lovely CAS card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

Love the colors and the color blocking technique! Such a great CAS card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous crisp, clean card! Love the candy dots scattered across the top too! So glad you joined us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh Karren...this card truly could not be more perfect! I LOVE your totally awesome CAS look and the Candy Dots were the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Sylvia said...

Wow, this is a great card, Karren, love the clean lines! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Margaret Raburn said...

Very striking color choices and arrangement in the sketch!... they give such a sharp and clean look! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!