Thursday 31 January 2013

CCMC237 Sketch Challenge

Hi and welcome back to another sketch challenge hosted by Create with Connie & Mary.




My card is a lot bolder than I'm used to.  I chose the color combo from the Color Coach and went with a Valentine's theme.


The scalloped edge was created using the Large Scallop Edgelit on both edges then the Adorning Accents folder for the heart embossing.

Thanks for looking.  Head on over to Create with Connie & Mary and check out the rest of the DT cards.  And while you're there, give the sketch a go.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Melon Mambo; Elegant Eggplant; Old Olive
Ink:  Melon Mambo
Accessories:  Adorning Accents Folder; Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit; Large Scallop Edgelit; Basic Jewels; White Bakers Twine

Cheers
Karren



7 comments:

Deb said...

What a terrific idea to emboss the scallop! Love these colors! Great details!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is so pretty Karren! I love those colours (I'm like you - I don't tend to use brighter colours myself!) but you've made them really work! I LOVE the little bits of floating bling - great touch!

Melissa Davies said...

I really like how you tied the baker's twine around the heart - looks like a little box of Valentine chocolates!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute card, love the Bakers Twine and the rhinestones floating up thru the "air". Very sweet! Great job with the sketch this week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great way to use the Scallop Edgelit and then emboss the panel. The Rhinestones really add the perfect amount of bling too!

Jessica said...

Very pretty!
Jessica U
Www.rememberj.blogspot.com

Lisa Martz said...

This is so CUTE! What a great valentine card for teens and young women! I love it1