Friday 7 September 2012

A Rose is a Rose

Two cool new challenges hit the scene this week - Fab Friday and Colour Me Beautiful.  Unfortunately, I missed the deadline for Colour Me Beautiful but as I got the color inspiration from there, I'm linking their site anyway.

For my card, I went for a lot of white space on my card and pulled out an old Stampin' Up! set called A Rose is a Rose.  I used Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum for the rose and Lucky Limeade stamped full strength, then stamped off for the leaves.  I stamped the sentiment using Basic Gray, so managed to get in 4 of the 5 colors from the challenge.


I'm really liking Perfect Plum and Lucky Limeade together - two colors I probably wouldn't have considered pairing up.

Here are the challenge details:


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!)

Stamps:  A Rose is a Rose; Hello, You
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Perfect Plum; Lucky Limeade
Ink:  Perfect Plum; Wisteria Wonder; Lucky Limeade; Basic Gray
Accessories:  Tasteful Trim Big Shot Die; Everyday Enchantment Brads

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Very pretty! I love the purples paired with Lucky Limeade...makes for a very eye-catching rose! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

Marla Reed said...

I love your CAS design! Great use of white space! I also really like those purples together. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Cindy Beach said...

Love the clean lines, fresh colors and gorgeous white space. Thanks for playing, Karren!

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty!! Great job!! Thank you for playing with us at Fab Friday!!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Very pretty and elegant! I miss the deadines all the time, isn't it frustrating:-) Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!