Monday 9 July 2012

Razzleberry/Olive

The color challenge at Dynamic Duos this week is Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive.  I really, really don't like Rich Razzleberry, so this was a true challenge for me.  I combined the color challenge with the sketch from Stamping 411.

I went simple with this card, letting the Big Shot and the colors do the work.  I used my Daisies die and the Little Leaves die to create a flower and leaves.  I sponged all the die cuts to give a bit more dimension.  All said, despite not liking Razzleberry, I actually quite like this card.  I think all the white softens the glare of the Razzleberry somewhat.



Here are the challenge details:



Thanks for looking.  Hopefully, I'll get some more posts up this week, not having to deal with that pesky full-time job for a week LOL.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!)

Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Rich Razzleberry; Old Olive
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry; Old Olive
Accessories:  Daisies Die; Little Leaves Die; Brights Buttons; White Bakers Twine

Edited to Add:  This card was an Operators Top Pick at Stamping 411 this week!



8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Karren your pretty flower and vibrant leaves really pop on this white background ~ lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Tammy said...

WOW!! I love this card--so simple, but yet not! You did a great job with the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping 411!!

Christine Blain said...

Ooh, Karren - this is so dramatic! I did laugh at your strong dislike of Rich Razzleberry (I, personally, think it is a gorgeous colour, LOL). You have made a BEAUTIFUL card!

Carolyn said...

Great card Karren. I have yet to make my card as I am having a bit of trouble putting together something that is not over the top. I just love simple elegance of your card, great inspiration.

Susan Joyce said...

What a beautiful card, I like your simple elegant design, the colours really pop against the white.

Allisa said...

Your flower is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome, so love that daisy!! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamping 411.

Shans Design Studio said...

Congrats on being an Operator's pick this week! This was one of my favorite cards for the week. Love the layers and the button in the middle is fab! :)