Saturday 30 June 2012

Ornate Blossom

This is the third of three cards I've made today.  The other two will be posted shortly.  I made this card for two challenges - this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge and the second challenge at Addicted to Stamps which is a Bingo challenge.  In case it's not obvious from my card, I chose Stamp, Emboss, Blue.

Here is my card:


and open (no insert as yet - I never do that until I use the card - because I'm lazy LOL):



I chose to use the sketch as inspiration for a gatefold card.  I haven't made one of these in years!  My stamp-a-majig came in very handy lining up the Ornate Blossom stamp across the center as I had to stamp each side separately to get full ink coverage.  Once I'd stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink, I used the VersaShadow Technique to highlight the images.

The main panel is white embossed on Island Indigo.  I also used a ruler to draw a frame around the main image.  An antique brad holds the card closed.

Here are the challenges:




Thanks for looking.

Products used:  (all Stampin' Up!)

Stamps:  Ornate Blossom
Cardstock:  Island Indigo; Whisper White
Ink:  Versamark; Whisper White Craft
Accessories:  Versamarker; Antique Brad; Stamp-a-majig; White EP

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Kylie said...

I love this, Karen. The effect that you used (Versamark Shadow) is stunning. I'll have to pick your brain one day as to how to do that - I'm a bit new to some of these techniques :) Thanks so much for sharing and playing along at ATS xx

Linda Callahan said...

Great technique - beautiful blue - and I love the embossing!

Jen Mitchell said...

Such an elegant card. And I didn't realize how perfect this sketch was for a gate-fold card until I saw this! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen. Fab technique. Stunning card.
Regards Florence x

Victoria said...

What an incredible card! The bold blue and stunning embossing just took my breath away! Thank you ever so much for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps :)

Jen Timko said...

Beautiful!! I love versa marker and this is such a fantastic image for it!! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ann Schach said...

Super card, Karren! This sketch was perfect for a gatefold card! Very clean and classy! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Yikes! I meant thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches! lol

M said...

Found you on the Addicted to Stamps linky tool.. this is lovely, I love a gatefold card and I have never seen a brad used to hold it closed - what a brilliant idea! M x

Jacqueline said...

This is a wonderful creation - love the gatefold. thanks for joining in our Bingo challenge at ATS this week - Jacqueline xx

Unknown said...

Great card Karen - love the VersaShadow technique. Thanks for joining us at ATS.

Karen x

Patrice said...

Gorgeous card Karren - love this technique. Haha had a laugh when you mentioned you don't do the inside until you need it (cause you're lazy) - me too!

So glad you could join the challenge fun at Addicted to Stamps again this week.

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely card Karren, such a beautiful bold image, thank you for joining us again this week at ATS
Val x