Saturday 12 May 2012

Father's Day

So, Father's Day isn't until September in New Zealand, but I decided to make a Father's Day card anyway.  This card is for the sketch challenge on Create with Connie & Mary and also Shelli's Creative Challenge for May.  This card did not come out as I envisaged it in my head, and I'm still not sure if I like it.  But it is what it is!


This card sure gave my Stamp-a-ma-jig a good workout, lining up that sentiment eight times, not to mention getting the tree in the right position on 3 different pieces of cardstock.  I inked the tree in Always Artichoke, then used my Early Espresso marker to color the trunk.  I then used the thumping technique with an Always Artichoke marker to make the trunk look more realistic.  The stamp-a-ma-jig also came in handy to extend the tree trunk at the bottom.

Here is the sketch I used:


Thanks for looking!

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree; Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock:  Early Espresso; Always Artichoke; Very Vanilla
Ink:  Basic Black; Always Artichoke
Accessories:  Always Artichoke marker; Early Espresso marker; Early Espresso ribbon; Scallop Border Punch; Antique Brads

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

This set is still so versatile even after all these years. Love how you lined up the tree truck a la the sketch and the colors are perfect for Father's Day...great job! Thanks so much for joining us at CCMC!

Vicki Fraser said...

love love love that set! Stamp-a-ma-jig is such an awesome tool isn't it!

Deb said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! What a beautiful and elegant card for any male! Great job lining everything up! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

I love how you added the scallops behind the ribbon and the vintage brads - wonderful touches to a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Julie said...

What an elegant Father's Day card!! I don't know why I've never tried Lovely as a Tree for Father's Day it's perfect!! Thanks for playing along with CCMC!

Debbie Henderson said...

Super cute way to stamp the tree on the background layer also! I never realized Father's Day was on different dates where you are! Thanks for joining us this week at CCMC!

Carrie Sampsel said...

I think this is a fantastic masculine card. I love the tree. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Connie Babbert said...

A wonderful use of this set for Father's Day...love how you extended the tree trunk below the main panel. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Really nice! Can you believe I NEVER purchased this set?! (gasp) I love what you have done with it! Nance is right, after all these years this set remains timeless. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Christine Blain said...

Karren, this is a great Father's Day card. Love your colour choices, and the scallops behind the ribbon. Nice use of your Stamp-a-ma-jig!