Saturday 18 February 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #22 - Lovely as a Tree

This week's Freshly Made Sketch appealed to me.  Perhaps it's because I'm a bean counter and I like balance LOL.

Here is the sketch:


Even though I intended to, I didn't end up adhering strictly to the sketch.  My 3 panels ended up almost the same size, with the center panel only fractionally larger than the side ones.  I also didn't put a sentiment on the front because I thought it looked busy enough with the ribbon and brads. The main layer is propped up on dimensionals.

Here is my card:


After I brayered and stamped, I spritzed the cardstock with water to give it a slightly mottled look.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated):

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree; Pocket Silhouettes
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Whisper White; Old Olive
Ink:  Basic Black; Old Olive; Elegant Eggplant
Accessories:  Brayer; Old Olive Satin Ribbon; Regals Brads

Cheers
Karren


10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful scene!

Jess S said...

Lovely... I'm popping this into my inspiration file :)

Carol Lucas said...

This is beautiful: I think it needs to be framed. Such a peaceful scene.

Susie said...

Totally love this. You did a beautiful job.

My Creative Side said...

This is gorgeous!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Very lovely card. The scene you created is just gorgeous - Very peaceful. I love the colours as well, and those three brads just add to it all!

Lesley said...

Beautiful artwork here! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your pretty grove of trees ~ great card!

Kim S said...

Oh so gorgeous! I love the depth that you have created with the Pocket Silhouettes toward the front and the colors are beautiful!

Jen Timko said...

Very pretty! Lovely color choices. So glad you joined us at FMS this week!